Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring in Minnesota...

At Country Kenny's 90th Birthday

Auntie Lizzy and Natasha

Daddy and Natasha... look at that face!

The whole family!

The cowgirls

Back at the hotel...

Watching Baby Signing Time before bed

Zac, Grandpa Kenny and Matt

Drawing pictures

Silly Zac and Natasha

All the grand kids

Grand kids (with spouses) and Great Grand kids

The whole family again

The Larsons

Reading time

... means highs in the 30's! We left beautiful blue skies and warm sunshine in Orange County for a weekend in cold and snowy weather in Minnesota. So, why did we go, you ask? Well, Zac's grandpa (Country Kenny) turned 90 and we went to go celebrate the big day with the whole family. Our day started early with a 7:45 flight out of John Wayne. Natasha was a little fussy during the takeoff, but after some milk and a little nap she was a great little traveler to Denver. We had lunch at the airport with Uncle Matt and Auntie Lizzy and then we just let Natasha have the run of the airport before out flight to Fargo. She had so much fun exploring and walking around that she slept through takeoff and landing on our connecting flight. We arrived safely in Fargo only to find out that our bag was still in Denver... ugh! At least Natasha's bag and carseat arrived with no hiccups. After the hour and half drive to Ottertail, we checked into our room and then headed over to grandpa's house for dinner with the family. Grandma Lou was nice enough to watch Natasha so Zac and I could go out to the bar for drinks with the "kids." The next day we put on our cowboy boots and cowboy hats (yes, our bag was delivered at 11am) and headed over to the restaurant to celebrate Country Kenny's birthday with the rest of the town (180 people)! We had great bbq food and a comedian (Zac's cousin's husband) telling stories of grandpa Kenny. Later that night everyone headed out to the local bar for some karaoke. Natasha and I stayed in because she was a bit fussy since her nap schedule was all off. I heard everyone had a great time, but Country Kenny got upset when everyone wanted to leave... it was 12:45am and he was still going strong on the mic. I only hope that when I am 90, I will have as much energy as Country Kenny has to do the things he does... windsurfs, ice fishes, bow hunting, etc. I mean, I don't do any of those things now, but I hope to continue to do the things I love as I age (gracefully). Anyway, after a delicious brunch on Sunday and some family photos, we headed back to Fargo for a short visit with Zac's aunt and uncle and then back to the airport for our flight home. Poor Natasha was so tired from the lack of naptime on this trip that she slept on both flights. We didn't even need to pullout our portable dvd player to help entertain her! We are so proud of Natasha and have decided that we could go on longer flights with her... where should we go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment