Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's a BOY!

19 weeks




Anatomy Scan (top pic is 3D image... he covered his face the whole time)

It's official, we are having a baby boy! He was not shy at all and showed us his goods right away. We are thrilled to be expecting a boy and Natasha can't wait to meet her baby brother!  This poor baby isn't even born yet and is already so neglected on this blog. Doesn't that always happen with the second one anyway? Looking back to when I started this blog, it was all about my pregnancy and Natasha and now I have barely talked about my pregnancy this time around. Well, baby boy this post is all about you (and a little about your mama too). Today was the anatomy scan where we got to see our sweet baby boy again. I don't think I will get another ultrasound, so we will have to wait until he comes out to see him again. Everything looked great with his heart, brain, bladder, kidneys, etc. He is measuring right on track and weighs about 11 oz. He was pretty active during the ultrasound and we saw him opening and closing his mouth a couple of times. And when we tried to get the 3D image of his face he kept covering his face... little stinker! All my blood work came back normal so very low risk of down syndrome or trisomy 18... always a relief to hear.

As for me, I am feeling great. I love the second trimester. I am still doing stroller strides about 2-3 times a week. I'm not running as much, but I am still getting a great workout. The one and only thing I will complain about is my sciatic pain. Usually by night time, I am limping around. By morning it is gone, so maybe I just need to rest more! That is easier said than done, with a toddler to chase after. Other than that we are so excited to be welcoming our son into the world this December. Stay tuned for more updates on our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment