Monday, October 12, 2009

Today I'm Pregnant and I Love My Baby

It's official!
 12 week ultrasound pics...Baby Larson was waving!

Welcome to our blog! It's official...we are expecting Baby Larson on April 6, 2010 and we couldn't be more excited! The title of this post is a mantra that I got from the wonderful ladies on The Bump who like me have unfortunately experienced a miscarriage. So today, I'm celebrating that I am 14 weeks and 6 days pregnant!!!

After our 12 week ultrasound/NT scan we shared the wonderful news with our parents and siblings, then waited until the following weekend to make our BIG announcement to our family and close friends. Everyone knows Zac is into funny shirts (and owns many), so I found this shirt (3rd pic) to wear to our Oktoberfest Celebration that Zac and I hosted in our home. It was so fun to see our guest's reactions after reading my shirt and some you could even see the wheels turning in their head trying to figure out what was going to happen in April. Everyone said they had a feeling that I was pregnant or knew I was (I guess they have been watching my every move), but they have been kind enough to never ask.

The first trimester went well and passed by fairly quickly. No morning sickness, but definitely more tired and more hungry with an occasional mood swing or two. The second trimester is going well too, except for this head cold that I am trying to get rid of. I have been making more trips to the bathroom and that is starting to cut into my sleep time...I guess it's all in preparation for midnight feedings.
 
Our next appointment is November 2nd and this is the BIG appointment where we will hopefully find out if Baby Larson is a girl or a boy! I don't really have an inkling to what he/she will be, but at our 12 week appointment the ultrasound tech said she saw three lines (but don't they all start out with girl parts?). By then we can start planning the nursery. I got some great ideas this past weekend in Minnesota, since we visited 5 baby stores in Minneapolis. I wrote down the three bedding sets that I liked (one for a boy, one for a girl and one that is kind of gender neutral).
 
Stay tuned for more updates and pictures!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! So exciting! Geoff and I are so happy for you guys, and we can't wait to find out what you're having. Whether it's a girl or a boy, it'll definitely have a mini Tipper buddy when it arrives! Congratulations! We're so thrilled for all of you, and we'll definitely be checking your blog for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland! So excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to find out if you will be joining me on Team Blue or Jackie on Team Pink! Jake is excited to meet another new friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all very exciting!!
    Congrats to you both!
    Can't wait to find out the sex.
    Rosemary (Amanda's Mom)

    ReplyDelete