Wednesday, October 26, 2011

19 Months









Natasha turned 19 months on Monday and has no intention of slowing down. She is our little sponge who is picking up new words/phrases and mannerisms everyday. Some of her new ones are "ah choo," "hold," "jacky" (for jacket), and "ah... no." But my personal favorite is "bye bye, see you." Natasha loves to give hugs and blow kisses. She also likes to put on my clothes, bracelets and wear my shoes. But, you can always find her back in the dirt with sticks and rocks... I guess we have a girlie tomboy, the best of both worlds.

Natasha has been a great sleeper at night and she goes down with no fuss at all. Naps on the other hand have been more difficult. She used to average around 2 hours a day, but now it has been anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour tops. Some days she will ask to go take a nap and others I just put her in her crib and she tries to fight me on it, but eventually settles down and falls asleep. I just wish she would sleep a little longer because she is such a busy little girl and mommy needs a break too.

Other than that, Natasha is still thriving everyday. Eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears, head, arms, hands, legs, knees, feet, toes, and belly button are the body parts that Natasha can now point out if asked. She loves to take a shower with Zac or I. If she sees one of us getting into the shower she will pull on her clothes and say "shower". She will stand in there and let the water pour onto her head while she rearranges the shampoo bottles and just babbles away.

Natasha also loves to dance to music. One of her favorite shows is the "Fresh Beat Band" and anytime they are singing and dancing she will get up and spin around in front of the TV... it's so cute. I think she will enjoy tap dancing one day, since she likes to hear the sounds that her feet make when she wears certain shoes. The other day she took two of the letter magnets off of the fridge and put one on the bottom of each bare foot and was walking around on the hard wood making noise. I tried to get video, but every time she knows I am recording her, she stops what she is doing and runs over to me to watch the video I just tried to take... too smart. We can't wait to see what she will do next!

2 comments:

  1. Natasha just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I love the photo of her sitting on the front step with her elbows on her knees. She is so adorable. Kyra certainly knows who Natasha is. She is very quick to identify 'Tasha' when we are looking at pictures. You have an adorable daughter. I love watching her grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tasha! Kyra asked about you again today! She was happily saying "Tasha" and "Adoo." I guess she just can't get enough of you lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete