Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Two Toddler Tuesday

There are two of them...

Lunch with Ryder and Tasha
Found the Tupperware cabinet



Watching Yo Gabba Gabba together... Natasha is
not sure why she got stuck with the blue chair.


Wagon ride to the park

Natasha found a new tunnel to play with



All kids love toothbrushes


And every good babysitter gives the kids a popsicle
on one of the coldest days of the year!


I now know what it would be like to have twins for a day. I had the pleasure of watching my friend's son, Ryder yesterday. For the record, Ryder is an easy kid, just like Natasha. But, I was definitely pooped after having both of them for six hours. I managed to have them fed and down for a nap relatively close together. Natasha was easy and I put her down first. Ryder on the other hand didn't want to nap and told me numerous times that "he did not like to nap." I know for a fact that he still takes naps, so I was not going to let him win this game. I read him three books while he was standing in the pack 'n play. After the last book, I asked if he wanted to lay down and he said yes. So, Ryder went right down and I gave him his blanket and his bunny and he was out. Two and a half hours later they were both up and ready to play. Thank goodness we have that wagon because I couldn't imagine walking both toddlers across the street to the park by myself. They loved the wagon ride! Who wouldn't... snacks, water, company and someone pulling them around. Since both are not very fast yet, it was pretty easy looking after both of them at the park. We didn't stay long since it was pretty chilly out, so we came home to play. Then the chanting started... popsicles, popsicles, popsicles... I'm pretty sure Natasha started the chant and Ryder just jumped on the bandwagon. Okay, maybe there was no chanting and just a suggestion from our little hostess. However, I didn't want to upset them, since there were two of them! With popsicles in hand and a little Yo Gabba Gabba, these two little friends were quite content until Ryder's dad picked him up. Natasha was an excellent hostess sharing her home with Ryder for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment